Thursday, June 28, 2007

Another !!!!eleventy11!!11!! Post

I just found out the first two seasons of "Family" (1976-80) is on DVD! I immediately went to
Amazon and ordered. Yeah, I was really, really little when this was on, and couldn't "get" what I would today, but I have fuzzy memories of it and have always wanted to see it again. I think I got see reruns in the 80's when I was a little more cognizant. I remember wanting to be a cool, skateboarding teenager like Buddy (Kristy McNichol). And, I could swear Leif Garrett was Kristy McNichol's boyfriend, but maybe he was on an episode of Eight is Enough or something. Either scenario is entirely plausible. I can't wait to see Sada Thompson and James Broderick and I'm *confident* that the writing will be great. Even if I'm disappointed, just seeing the 70's decor will be worth it. I'm assuming there will be avocado kitchen appliances. And, as if it couldn't get better, I find out that my heroes, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething and My So Called Life) wrote 7 episodes. So yeah, I'm excited. I think they've written the best stuff that ever graced the small screen and I could go into a bunch of stuff about theatre and especially elitist grad school BS that pisses me awf, because apparently pathos is so not cool at this stage in my educational "career" but I won't. I'll save it for another day because I'm sure I'll be bitching about it when the semester rears its ugly head in August. For now, I'm totally content to be getting this on DVD!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Where are you? Did you watch all the VH1 shows on Sunday? I saw them when they were on and thought of you.