Friday, June 22, 2007

Hope this one works

I'm writing this on my new Gateway laptop. When I took the HP back to BB, the guy wanted to do a system recovery on it, but I told him it was like driving a car off the lot and having it break down within the first mile. I told him I wanted a completely different one, and no HP's. So, I got one that was slightly cheaper. Do you think I get that money? Or a store credit? Hell no! They just exchange it and add on the difference. That doesn't seem ethical to me.

Also, I'm on hold with the cable company, because, earlier I couldn't get the internet to work, so I was on the phone with them forever, and when it still didn't connect, the guy told me he'd have someone come out to look at it. Exactly one minute after hanging up, I got it to work by right clicking and choosing repair. So now I'm trying to cancel the appt. So far I've eaten an entire meal and put on make-up, mascara included, I've checked a few websites, and I've written this blog.

I hope this laptop works out better than the last two. For some reason, I'm not very optimistic. And I never ask what more could go wrong, because I always, always find out the answer to that.

1 comment:

StickyKeys said...

Fingers crossed mightily in your favor!