Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm still around...

I know I haven't been writing and commenting very much lately, but I am gearing up to make the move back to Carbondale. Nothing I have to say is fun. Right now, it's all about the minutae and the details. And the paper I'm writing. Yes, I still have a paper to write from the Fall semester. If I don't finish it in the next couple of weeks, I'll get an F instead of an incomplete and basically, wouldn't be in the program anymore. I really, really wish I'd just win the lottery already. Then there's the lesson plans to recreate since HP is holding my old laptop hostage. And I still have to catch up on a lot of reading that I really am not looking forward to (Nietzsche, Kant, etc) so that I can start the semester without being behind. Like that's going to happen. So, basically I haven't been writing because everything is so damn boring. Although, I did make a damn good proscuitto, asparagus, goat cheese pasta dish the other night that was awesome. I even used thyme from my garden!

Anyway, I'm trying to pretend it's "summer" in the regualar college student sense, and yet there's a valid reason for the existence of the term "professional student." All's I'm doing here is bitching that I can't have fun everyday and actually, like have responsibilities and stuff. Yeah, I know I'm 35 and stuff. Doesn't make responsibility any more enticing or tolerable, in my opinion.

Sooo....I did watch Bret Michaels and Scot Baio. I think I'll probably watch a few eps here and there of the Bret Michaels show but I'll watch every ep of the Scott Baio show. I'm not as into reality shows (not gonna bother with disclaimers and quotation marks around the word reality as I assume we all know they are contrived) with actual competitions and games determining the ending. But, I am glad to know the skankariffic is readily available, Sunday nights on VH1 anytime I need it, for the next several weeks. Both shows were every bit as awesome as I expected. I'll be reading the TWOP boards, but haven't found anything to really bitch about yet. Just garden variety twop stuff thus far. If anyone else is watching these shows and following the threads, let me know.

I'm still waiting for the Corey's show which will premiere on the 29th to round out the triumvirate. Not only do I know when it'll be on, I can't wait. That will bliss, pure bliss.

Lastly, if anyone has any movie recommendations, I'd love to hear some. I'm really tapped out of ideas at the moment.

3 comments:

Ferdinand the Duck said...

I really, really wish I'd just win the lottery already.

Oh my god, I know! Why am I not a millionaire yet? Why are you not a millionaire yet? It just seems unfair.

Sophie Treadmill said...

Especially since we both understand the whole point of being rich--which is to hire chauffeurs to drive us around, drunk or not.

Ferdinand the Duck said...

Money is wasted on the rich.
So tragic.