Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Little Boost

J came home for lunch today and surprised me with flowers. He put them on the washer and I didn't find them until I went to change the wash. The card said "because you deserve them." Can I get an "awww" from the studio audience? I know this is the part where most people give an eyeroll, groan, and have a sarcastic remark, but just bear with me. We've lived together about a dozen years and now we're several states apart nine months out of the year, all because of my grad school junkie tendencies. So, yes I'm just pedestrian enough to appreciate a surprise batch of flowers that will die in a week. I have to leave again in two weeks. I was pissed that he was coming home for lunch, interrupting my research hours. Glad I didn't choose today to be pissy because I would've felt like an ass once I discovered the flowers.

3 comments:

StickyKeys said...

AWWWWWWW!! Just because gifts are always so fun and thoughtful. How sweet!

Jen said...

Aww, so sweet. And the best part is that you didn't act like an ass before you found out why he came home. Because that would have sucked.

Sophie Treadmill said...

Yeah, I know I would've been so embarrassed and felt like a big ole meanie. Good for me!