Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fritas and Rice Krispie Treats

So yeah, I decided to make frozen margaritas. Oh, and I tried one of those new Miller Chills. I'm a huge fan of lime. I even like it with beer. But I didn't like the Miller Chill. I guess it's kinda like tea and lemon. I like it when I add the lemon, not when it's premixed for me.

Anyway, somewhere along the way, I also decided it was a good idea to make rice krispie treats too. The good thing about it though, is that I realized the combo wouldn't be a good one. So I restrained myself after two bites (of course, it's not like it was that hard on a full stomach of liquor) and when I woke up this morning...manna from heaven I tells ya. It was awesome. For the first time in my post-20's drinking career I woke up after a night of drinking without a hangover! Wow! I just can't drink very often in my 30's because it takes an entire day to recover. Not this time though. I have no idea why. Especially since we're talking tequila here. I feel perfectly fine. It must be because I knew I'd get rice krispie treats in the morning or something.

In other inane news, I'm getting my hair done today. I'm excited because I haven't had a decent cut or color in months. The woman I go to here in Austin is great, but the guy I went to in C'dale just couldn't cut it (pardon the pun). So here's where Ima bitch about my hair so if that bores you, I suggest you stop reading right now.

Two cuts ago he put in layers that I didn't ask for and I'm still trying to grow it out. I like my swing cut, so let me stay with that! Look, I don't care if that cut is so, like five years ago. That's what's great about your thirties! If you find something that works for you, you can stick with it, momentary fads be damned! It doesn't matter if it's considered slightly out of date. Why? B/c you're not in your twenties anymore. Also, when it came to coloring, he always highlighted it several shades lighter than I wanted it. I have an olive complexion and really dark hair, but I like having carmel, not blonde highlights. This guy always took it up several notches and it always ended up looking really brassy. Way too blonde for my skin tone! Actually, I can't help but wonder if he knew exactly what he was doing. It was never sporadic highlights either, it was all over hair color! Everytime my hair slightly grew out, the roots and the contrast were awful! So, ostensibly, I'd have to run back to the hairdresser every four weeks to get a touch up, right? Not me. I'd rather run around a couple of extra (okay, four more) weeks looking like that girl that has a bad dye job and probably doesn't know any better. Well, I knew it. But it's not just the money, it's about my time too. When you have sixty hours of your week scheduled away, it's not like you want to devote 2 + hours to sitting in a chair breathing in chemicals. So yeah, this past academic year I ran around half the time looking like one of those girls that doesn't know any better. I even tried to give him the hint, well, more than a hint actually, by explaining that it was too light the previous time, that the coloring should be closer to my natural color so that the outgrowth isn't as bad, and that I don't have the time or money to run in on a monthly basis, so it's just best to go with something more subtle. Didn't seem to matter. So, this Fall when I go back to C'dale, I'm quite rightly breaking up with him (read: never calling him again). The awful thing is that I'm going to go to someone else in the same salon. Anyway, all of that was to say how happy I am that I'll be going to see Sarah today, and she always give great cuts and highlights. I also love her stories, which is also integral to being a great stylist in my opinion.

Anyway, I guess I better stop rambling and go for a walk. Yeah, I'm trying to exercise and get back in shape too. Heh. Like that will last.

2 comments:

Ferdinand the Duck said...

I spent my entire life up until two years ago getting mediocre haircuts that I didn't like. My current hairdresser changed my life. It looks good when she cuts it, it grows out nicely, she couldn't be better. Good hairdressers are magical.

That's probably the gayest thing I've ever written, but whatever, it's true.

Jen said...

A good hairdresser is worth their weight in gold. As are rice krispie treats.